Friday, 25 November 2011

I started this a while ago and like many I wanted to do a detailed illustration final..but it began to look very boring (mostly because everything looked too neat) and after some crits over at, one of the things someone suggested was that they liked the abstract nature of my sketches and the loseness in tradional I wanted to try and recapture this in digital. The way I approached this was by blocking out the major areas using impasto brushes so eveything was initially opaque with no gradient, then I used some of then impressionist /artist oils brushes in corel to try and mimic a painterly look. i also customised and changed various settings to achieve it as corel has pretty good cutomisation settings and one of the more important settings to this method was the colour shift.

 This was how i initailly went about laying the colours and mixing them while giving a painterly look. The colour shift is very low on the top left image and the the top right image had the colour shift relatively high, which is why its even shifting to reds..and played around with various options to arrive at the final image. The number of layers were always 1 or 2 which is usually a copy of each other, the reason for this is because the brushes doesnt mix overthe different layers(pretty obvious) so just stuck with the main canvas layer. The end painting was quite quick when using this method

No comments:

Post a Comment